- ALL weapons must be non-working and peace-bonded (see below).
- No functioning projectile weapons includes water pistols, silly-string guns, and ping-pong pistols. Bladed weapons must be cased or sheathed at all times.
- No “live-steel”, aluminum, or other metallic bladed weapons are allowed to be without casing or sheathing, even if the blade has been dulled.
- There will be absolutely no play-acting with props indoors
- Explosives or chemicals of any kind including, but not limited to, smoke powder, sparklers, and fireworks, are not permitted at the con Do not bring anything that would annoy another attendee
Peace-bonding is the act of making it clear that your weapon cannot be used (either by a brightly colored tie, or trigger lock) and that your intentions are peaceful. In order to display a costume related weapon on your costume, your weapon must be peace-bonded; to do so, it must be brought to the Convention Operations (“Ops”) room which is located in room 101 at the Ontario Convention Center or on the 3rd floor of the Radisson near the restrooms. Do not presume that the peacebonding from another or a previous convention will do. Items producing light or sound must be checked with ConOps for decisions about peace-bonding.
These rules apply solely to costume weaponry. Our convention does not permit any real weapons to be used or brought to the convention at all as per our general policies above; violation of this rule will require immediate reporting to proper authorities.
Due to our proximity to the Ontario International Airport, we ask that you properly cover up or place costume-related weapons in bags when not in convention areas or on convention property.
Do you have a cosplay photo session, and you want to undo the peacebonding for that time period? W e have a great solution for you! We’ve got Ops Cosplay Liaison people out there wearing bright yellow CON OPS vests or a bright yellow CON OPS armband. They’ll be more than happy to remove any peacebonding for photos, but be sure to either flag them down again when you’re done to re-peacebond your props or return to the Ops office for re-peacebonding.