- Maximum file size must not exceed 300 mb without receiving permission from the coordinators prior to submission.
- Your entry must be at least 640×480 resolution, and must not exceed 1920×1080 resolution.
- Your entry must not require a strange degree of difficulty to work with.
- We accept entries in MP4 (preferred), MOV, AVI, MKV or MPG file containers. Windows Media Format (WMV) will not be accepted.
- The following formats are most preferred:
- Video: H.264
- Audio: AAC, MP3 or lossless
- Framerate: 23.97/24p, 29.97/30p NTSC or 59.97/60p NTSC
- The following video technical flaws may be subject to disqualification depending on severity:
- Squashed/stretched aspect ratios
- Chunky/blocky video (often caused by low quality source or excessive data compression)
- Extreme Banding (i.e. Color gradients caused by video re-compression)
- The following audio technical flaws may be subject to disqualification depending on severity:
- Audible distortion
- Levels that are too high, overdriven, or clipped
- Audible discontinuities caused by flawed audio edits
- Pitch-shifted or speed-adjusted audio (unless by obvious artistic necessity)
Entries may be disqualified for any reason listed in these rules or for any reason not foreseen by these rules as deemed by the coordinator or staff volunteers. Disqualified entries may be resubmitted at any time prior to the competition deadline.
Entries may be rejected for any reason listed in these rules or for any reason not foreseen by these rules as deemed by the coordinator or staff volunteers. Rejected entries may not be resubmitted. A rejection may result in a temporary or permanent ban from this competition depending upon severity.
Your entry may be rejected for the following reasons (subject to change, not limited to…):
You may not submit another AMV creator’s work as your own. You may not use another AMV creator’s work, even partially, without their explicit permission. All persons involved in an entry must be listed on the submission form at the time of submission, and all must give consent to participate in this event.
- Dishonorable Behavior
You may not engage in behavior that causes grief, harm, or in any way violates the rules of the convention with AMV Competition creators, ALA attendees or ALA volunteer staff. This includes conduct on social media sites and private encounters.
You may not submit false, inaccurate or misleading information when submitting an entry or while discussing with the competition coordinator or ALA volunteer staff. This includes stating you have read all of the rules before submitting an entry.
- Minimal Effort / Zero Edit Submissions
You may not submit an entry that is deemed to have little to no editing of original sources.
- Troll Submissions
You may not submit an entry for malicious purposes towards anyone.
All entries must be submitted no later than 11:59pm PST on Saturday, December 3, 2016. You must fill out the online submission form and include a working download link to your entry by this time.
Entries must be submitted digitally – no physical media of any kind will be accepted. Please use an appropriate file sharing service like Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, Mediafire, etc. Please do not link to video sharing sites like YouTube, Vimeo, etc.
Submission Form: Animé Los Angeles Angeles 2017 – AMV Contest Submission Form